Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Type: Full Time
Salary (CZK): Negotiable
70 tactical buyers are supporting both commercial and NTO towers out of Prague NGSC, covering region Europe, Switzerland, The Buyer is responsible for the execution of bidding and contracting activities for/in support of assigned countries/categories according to the defined buying processes, information sharing across countries/categories to leverage best practices. The role also provides analytics and prepares reports, contributes to delivery of measurable value for Novartis, through alignment of business requirements, sourcing expertise, supplier market intelligence, financial productivity and mitigation of risk. The role supports data quality management within Procurement function according to the defined processes to identify opportunities and to support continuous improvement, assures the delivery of services according to defined KPIs and Service Levels.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Sourcing validation and analysis from business users, country procurement organization or category managers: - Direct users on correct buying (content streams) channels if required
• Supplier selection, requested risk analysis performance verification and update. - Supplier scoring criteria definition and documentation preparation for competitive bidding event. - Inputs collection and sharing to category managers on overall category strategy.
• Document and communicate final award decision: - Negotiations after the eSourcing event closure to reach the most competitive prices. - Bids examination and sourcing summary sheet (outcome) completion
• Contracting activities - Contract preparation: - Contract drafting based on agreed templates. - Full terms and conditions or contractual terms negotiation. - Contract review and contract content approvals coordination, signature process initiation and monitoring (ink, electronic). - Contract archiving in the global standard contract management system.
• Savings identification and achievement through competitive bidding process. - Baseline and savings methodology definition for in-scope categories. - Savings calculation and tracking. - Identification and initiation of continuous improvement activities through analysis of historical events, performance and trends
• University/Advanced degree in Business Administration/Economics/Finance/Statistics is required
• Fluent English and Dutch, any other language is a plus
• Minimum 2 years of experience of working in a global environment in a similar position of Procurement operations
• Experience in reporting & advanced analytical and presentation tools.
• Experience in supporting clients directly / managing Stakeholders.
• Experience in Spend reporting, analysis and optimization.
• Experience with eSourcing tools
Monthly pension contribution matching your individual contribution up to max 3% of your gross monthly basic salary; Risk Life Insurance and insurance in case of long term sickness; 5-week holiday per year; (1 week above the Labour Law requirement) ; 4 paid sick days within one calendar year in case of absence due to sickness without a medical sickness report; Cafeteria employee benefit program – choice of benefits from Edenred CZ in the amount of 12,500 CZK per year; Meal vouchers in amount of 80 CZK for each working day (full tax covered by company); Public Transportation allowance; MultiSport Card. Find out more about Novartis Business Services: https://www.novartis.cz/
817 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2018. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Add all variances on job title, locations, and specific terms
Na Pankráci 1724/129, 140 00 Praha-Nusle, Czech Republic
English (advanced), Dutch (advanced)